Matshona Dhliwayo is a Canadian based Philosopher, Entrepreneur, and author of books such as The Little Book of Inspiration, Creativity, The Book, 50 Lessons Every Wise Mother Teaches Her Son, 100 Lessons Every Great Man Wants You to Know, and Lalibela’s Wise Man.
He is also a regular contributor for the African Leadership Magazine.
Below are some of his remarkable quotes about leadership:
1. Carving your own path gets you to greatness quicker than following someone else’s trail.
2. Thinking outside of the box allows you to get rewards outside of your reach.
3. Breaking from the herd is better than getting lost in it.
4. To gain all one might have to risk all.
5. The thorny path to greatness is better than the rosy path to mediocrity.
6. Visible obstacles shine a light on hidden opportunities.
7. A golden opportunity may turn into silver if you wait too long to take advantage of it.
8. Inspiration is worthless without perspiration/work/effort.
9. An army is greater than a warrior.
10. A united army of sheep can defeat a divided army of wolves.
11. Don’t waste dollars counting cents.
12. There is security in safety, but opportunity in danger.
13. Coat your words with honey if you want to catch bees.
14. Learn from your minor mistakes before they become major ones.
15. Money grows on wisdom, not trees.
16. Your greatest actions are those that meet another’s greatest need.
17. Adversity is the evil twin of reward.
18. Use the pebbles of failure to build yourself a bridge to success.
19. The bigger the bricks critics throw at you the bigger the palace you are going to build.
20. Your dreams are ink; reality is the canvas. Paint masterpieces.
21. Rainbows can’t rise without storms.
22. It is the strongest, not the prettiest birds that conquer the sky