Why do we need your personal information?
When you use Services provided on The Platform101 websites, you may be asked to provide certain personal information such as your name, age, education, contact details, etc. We will store this information and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this information in the following ways:
- To register you with The Platform101 websites and administer Services where you have registered to receive them. You can unsubscribe from these Services at any time;
- To administer any contest or other promotional offer you may enter and notify winners;
- To answer any queries which you may send to us by The Platform101 internal mail or external e-mail;
- In order to conduct customer satisfaction and employment related surveys;
- To meet our legal compliance obligations;
- For crime prevention and detection; and
- For direct marketing purposes, as set out in detail below.
How do we use your personal information?
Information you provide or that is obtained by us, will be used by us to enable us to review, develop and improve the Services which we offer and provide you and other Users (via internal mail, external e-mail or otherwise) with information about new products and Services and special offers we think you will find valuable. We may also inform you about new products and services and special offers of selected third parties.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We do not sell, or trade your personal information to third parties, if you have indicated a desire for us to keep the information private. When you use Services, you decide for yourself, how much contact or other personal information you wish to display.
We may give information about you as follows:
- We may provide our third party service providers and processors with access to your personal information. These services providers may include: credit or debit card verification providers and payment processors; our customer support centre; marketing organizations, who may market and promote Services; internet service providers who administer The Platform101 websites, provide internet services and host our facilities; consumer research companies that assist us with understanding consumer interests by conducting surveys. We only share your personal information to the extent required for the performance of required by you services. We implemented safeguards to ensure that our service providers treat personal information in a way that is consistent with the terms of this Privacy Statement and that it is never used except to fulfil our Services to our users. We may also disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law. For example, we will disclose personal information to those governmental bodies, who have authority to obtain it, in order to comply with a warrant or summons issued by a court of a competent jurisdiction, and to comply with record production requirements.
- In the event of sale of all or substantial part of the assets of The Platform101, we may transfer personal information in our control to a third party purchaser that agrees to use personal information for the same reasons identified in this Privacy Statement.
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our Agreement with you.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- To our employees and agents to do any of the above on our behalf, now or in the future.
- If you choose not to provide certain personal information we request, you will still be able to visit The Platform101 websites, but you may be unable to access certain options or Services offered by The Platform101 websites now or in future.
By choosing to provide us with your personal information you are consenting to its use in accordance with the principles outlined in this Privacy Statement and as outlined at the time you are asked to provide any personal information. The Platform101 may contact you by e-mail or otherwise in order to provide you with updates pertaining to the Services, as well as information about additional offers, products or events that The Platform101 believes may be of interest to you. You can choose to unsubscribe to these updates or from having your personal information used for market research purposes.
Withdrawing your consent
The Platform101 provides you with a way to withdraw your consent for any of the marketing communications received by you via external e-mail or otherwise. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt-out of receiving these communications by visiting relevant page on The Platform101 websites or sending relevant request to our customers support centre. This will remove you from The Platform101 websites promotions lists. Please note that if you do not consent to use and disclosure of your personal information, this may affect our ability to provide you with particular products and Services.
We will take appropriate steps to protect the personal information you share with us. We have implemented technology and security features to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
We may aggregate personal information and remove any identifying elements in order to analyze patterns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze use of The Platform101 websites, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize our content, layout and Services.
We gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to The Platform101 websites. This information may include which URL you came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your IP address. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us to determine how much our customers use certain parts and services of the The Platform101 websites, and do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve you.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to see personal information we keep about you. We will endeavour to provide the information you require within a reasonable time. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please update your information.
Transfer of your personal information
Some parties that process or store personal information may be located in jurisdictions outside your country of residence. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in these jurisdictions and, as a result, foreign governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws in these countries.
Notification of changes
If we decide to change our Privacy Statement, we will post those changes on The Platform101 websites, so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under which circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you by way of external e-mail or otherwise. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. We will use information in accordance with the Privacy Statement under which the information was collected. You agree that by using the The Platform101 websites you are expressly and affirmatively consenting to our use and disclosure of the information that you provide, and consenting to receive e-mails, and other communications as described above.
The Platform101 cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personal information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Statement. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. As a user of The Platform101 websites, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the The Platform101 websites, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off The Platform101 websites.
We are committed to providing a fair and responsive system for handling and resolving complaints concerning the handling of personal information. You have a right to complain and to have your complaint handled efficiently if you are concerned about our handling of your personal information. We believe that any complaint that we may receive is a valuable opportunity to improve the services that we deliver to you and to maintain your confidence in our services. If at any time you wish to lodge a complaint in respect of the handling, use or disclosure of your personal information by us, you may do so by contacting our Customer Support Centre by following ‘Contact us’ link provided at the footer or header on each page of The Platform101 websites.